Half term is almost upon us and, with it, comes the need to keep the kids entertained. As all parents know, this isn’t always easy!
I think term three is easily one of the toughest for kids and parents alike. It follows Christmas, it’s cold and everyone is under the weather for at least a month.
As a result, kids are understandably tired and irritable by the end of it. So a relaxing week with a nice day out or two is well in order.
Speaking of which, if you’re in on near London between 16 February and 3 March, it’s well worth visiting Hamleys’ iconic store on Regent Street.
For the duration of the spring half term, it will be packed with activities for all the family. Including those inspired by some of the year’s biggest film releases.
The LEGO Movie 2 will be celebrated with appearances by Emmet, Lucy and General Mayhem. Kids can get in on the act by taking part in Hamleys’ LEGO Building Workshops, where prizes will be awarded to the best creations.
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World will also be represented. Children can dress up as Vikings for photos with Astrid and Hiccup.
Other big-screen-inspired activities include Harry Potter Quidditch training and a Sorting Hat ceremony.
There’s plenty more too. Children can challenge Hamleys’ resident boardgame expert and take on the Scalextric time trial.
And that’s still not all! Also on the agenda are puppet shows, story times and dance sessions including LEGO Bricks and Fortnite.
At 4pm every day there will be a parade of Hamleys best-loved characters. Plus, each morning, one family will get to ring the world-famous Hamleys bell during the grand opening ceremony.
As if all this isn’t enough, there are some great competitions and prize giveaways. Including the following:
- Take a photo with LEGO Hagrid or the Undesirable Poster in Harry Potter’s Wizarding World and post on Instagram using #Hamleys for the chance to win £250 worth of Harry Potter toys
- Dress up and pose for a photo in the life-size Barbie Toy Box and post on Instagram using #Hamleys for the chance to win a signature Barbie doll
- Take pictures in the L.O.L. Surprise! photo booth (Saturday 23 February only)
- Take a photo with How to Train Your Dragon characters, post on Instagram using #Hamleys and #HiddenWorld for the chance to win the entire Playmobil How to Train Your Dragon range
- Have a picture taken with characters from The LEGO Movie 2 and post on Instagram using #Hamleys and #LEGOMovie2 to win the entire The LEGO Movie 2 toy range
- Take a photo in the How To Train Your Dragon movie scene and receive a free picture in a branded frame and a free Viking helmet
It goes without saying, of course, but Hamleys has thousands of new toys arriving every day, including many of the ranges mentioned above.
So if you’re in town this half term, head on down to Hamleys!
Disclosure: this is a paid collaboration.