Saving for my children’s future is something that is very much on my mind at the moment. Life seems to have become progressively more expensive in recent years and, without wishing to get all doom and gloom, I don’t think this trend is going to change in a hurry.
Kids grow up so quickly and I know I’ll regret it if I don’t start putting more money away for mine soon. There are no two ways about it; Dylan, Xander and Amelie are going to need financial help when they reach adulthood.
Potentially, we have three loads of driving lessons, three cars and three sets of university fees to look forward to.
Not to mention help with properties further into the future. I haven’t yet been brave enough to try and quantify the amount this will cost, but I know it’s going to be more than we can afford without saving sensibly.
This is why a Junior ISA such as those available from Orbis Access is worthy of consideration. Although the value of your investments could go down as well as up – as with any investment – there are some key advantages. As well as being tax free, any money invested in them is locked away until your child turns 18. This means it is safe from the twin enemies of saving: tax and impulse spending.
They are also a great idea for birthday and Christmas presents. As long as relatives have the relevant details – account number and date of birth – and a debit card, they can invest a gift that will ultimately go much further than it would in a toy shop.
Now is a great time to get started if you can afford to do so. If you open a Junior ISA before Christmas, Orbis Access will help top up the account by matching your first investment up to a value of £100.
Here’s your chance to win £200 towards your child’s future. Just use the Gleam widget below to enter.
There are two ways to enter, so you have double the chance of winning this fantastic prize. Full terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of the page.
What’s more, if you win this competition, Orbis Access will apply its top-up offer. This means your child’s account could have up to £400 (the £200 prize, your £100 investment and £100 matched by Orbis Access).
A great way to start saving for your little one.
Disclosure: this is a collaborative post.
Competition terms and conditions
- There is one prize of an investment to the value of £200 made into a Junior ISA Account opened with Orbis Access (UK) Limited. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered and as a result and accordingly an account must be opened in the name of a child who is eligible for an Orbis Access Junior ISA Account in order to receive the prize.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoters, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The opening date for entries is 8 December 2016 and the closing date is the 31st December 2016. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
- To enter the prize draw an entrant must follow the instructions provided by Gleam.
- Anyone using multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible.
- This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries by Gleam.
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with their email address within 14 days or a new winner will be chosen.
- The winner’s name will be available on request.
- The Promoters reserve the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The decision of the Promoters regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry.
- The Promoters reserve the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoters reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
- Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
- The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoters are Hillcrest PR Limited of 58 Croydon Road, Caterham, Surrey CR3 6QB (Registered in England, company number 8044861) and Orbis Access (UK) Limited of 28 Dorset Square, London NW1 6QG (Registered in England, company number 8138002). This is a joint promotion.