My final Baxters Deli Toppers post is another food hack. If you’re anything like me, you love fried chicken but are probably all too aware that it’s not the healthiest of options.
This hack cuts out the need for deep fat frying as most of the cooking is actually done in the oven. I think it tastes just as good as the full fat equivalent. We chose to serve it with corn on the cob and homemade potato wedges. And, of course, it must be dished up with a large spoonful of Baxters Spicy Slaw Deli Topper!
You can use any spices you want, but I chose paprika, cayenne pepper and cumin.
It took around five minutes to get everything ready.
The healthier fried chicken drumsticks took around 40 minutes to cook.
- Six chicken drumsticks
- 100ml milk
- 150g self raising flour
- Paprika (one teaspoon)
- Cayenne pepper (one teaspoon)
- Cumin (one teaspoon)
- A couple of twists of ground black pepper
- One large spoonful of Baxters Spicy Slaw Deli Topper
- Combine the flour, spices and pepper in a bowl.
- Dip the chicken drumsticks in the milk, then roll them in the bowl of flour and spices until coated.
- Fry the drumsticks in a little olive oil on the hob until they are sealed.
- Transfer to a baking tray and put them in the oven at gas 6/electric 200/fan 180 for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooked, serve with your chosen accompaniments and, of course, Baxters Spicy Slaw Deli Topper!
I hope you have enjoyed my healthier fried chicken hack. You can check out my other recipes and hacks here.
Also, why not check out the Baxters Deli Toppers site for more recipes and hacks?
What’s more, Baxters is offering one lucky winner a pair of VIP tickets to Taste London in November, plus a weekend stay. There are also 10 pairs of standard tickets for runners-up. To enter, simply upload a photo of your Deli Toppers recipe to social media and include #GetTopping. Good luck!
Disclosure: this is a collaborative post.