As any pet owner will tell you, there’s not much worse than fleas and ticks. It’s horrible to see your pet constantly scratching and clearly bothered and it’s not pleasant for the owners either!
We had to deal with an outbreak of fleas over the summer, so I know how quickly the situation can get out of hand. Although we had been treating our cat every month and vacuuming regularly, there were clearly some survivors hiding away. There was soon no option but to call pest control.
It was embarrassing admitting to someone that our carpet was alive with fleas. It was also costly and made the house smell of chemicals for a while afterwards. The good news is that everything is now sorted and the cat is much happier. Although I’m not sure why she thought sitting on top of a door this morning was a good idea!
We clearly hadn’t been doing enough to stop the fleas. Thankfully, though, help is at hand for pet owners in the form of FRONTLINE Plus.
As well as killing fleas and ticks on your pet, it contains active IGR technology that stops flea eggs from hatching and larvae developing in your home. This is important as 95% of a flea problem is in the home rather than the pet.
To promote the launch of this new product, FRONTLINE is embarking on a UK tour. It kicks off this weekend at Paws in the Park in Kent and will also be at Discover Dogs in London on 22-23 October. You can find the full schedule here.
As part of the roadshow, the FRONTLINE Plus House will encourage families to learn about the dangers of fleas and ticks in the home and how to protect both it and their pet with FRONTLINE Plus.
What’s more, here’s a competition to win a £150 Pets at Home voucher to spend on your flea-free friend! You can enter via as many of the methods as you like in the widget below. Finally, please check the terms and conditions before entering. Good luck!
Terms and conditions
- There is one prize of a £150 Pets at Home voucher. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Diary of the Dad and FRONTLINE
- Closing date for entries is 30 September 2016
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries
- The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen
- The winner’s name will be available on request
- The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address
- This is a joint promotion between Diary of the Dad and FRONTLINE
- Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions
Disclosure: this is a collaborative post.