The weather has got noticeably colder of late, so it’s time for some warm-up recipes! This sausage pasta is quick and easy to make and has a spicy edge thanks to Baxters Jalapenos. I find that they give this dish that I’ve been making for years a little more bite and have improved it as a result.
The courgette and runner beans came from my parents’ garden, so it added to the home-made comfort food feel. You could, of course, include different vegetables if you wish. Onions and peppers also go nicely with the other ingredients. This recipe serves two and goes very nicely with a glass of red wine. Just saying!
The preparation is simply a matter of chopping everything up, so you’re looking at five minutes tops.
This will depend on your oven, but it took me around half an hour.
- Four sausages
- Two or three teaspoons of Baxters Jalapeno Deli Topper
- One tin of chopped tomatoes
- One courgette (chopped)
- A handful of runner beans (chopped)
- One handful of coriander (finely chopped)
- 200g pasta
- Pre heat the oven (gas mark 6/electric 200/fan 180) and put the sausages in for 30 minutes.
- Pan fry the chopped courgette and runner beans in a little olive oil on a low heat.
- Add the Baxters Jalapenos Deli Topper.
- Start cooking the pasta on another hob.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and coriander and stir regularly.
- Once the sausages are cooked, chop them up and add them to the pan.
- Drain the pasta and serve immediately with the sausages and sauce.
I hope you enjoy this simple but tasty recipe and I’ll be sharing another one soon.
In the meantime, why not check out the Baxters Deli Toppers site for more recipes and hacks?
What’s more, Baxters is offering one lucky winner a pair of VIP tickets to Taste London in November, plus a weekend stay. There are also 10 pairs of standard tickets for runners-up. To enter, simply upload a photo of your Deli Toppers recipe to social media and include #GetTopping. Good luck!
Disclosure: this is a collaborative post.