It’s been a while since I participated in a meme and, in fact, since I was tagged for one. So, naturally, I have suddenly been tagged in four at once. As the premise of these memes is pretty much the same, I’m going to cheat and combine them by answering three questions from each blogger – hope that’s okay with everyone!
|London buses in obvious visual metaphor shocker!|
Before we start, those who have tagged me are:
They’re all excellent blogs and you ought to start reading them if you’re not already. Fact! Right let’s do this:
1) You must post the rules
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
3) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you in their post and then create 12 new questions for the fellow bloggers you plan to tag
4) Tag 12 people and link to them on your blog
5) Let them know you tagged them
So, here are 12 fun (?) facts about me:
1) I have a small, almost-invisible scar on my chin legacy of an ice climbing trip I went on last year.
2) I was once an extra on something that was recorded for a television programme and never got shown. Oh well, it was a day out.
3) I haven’t paid for a haircut since just before I got married about three years ago. That’s not to say there was some weird pre-nuptial agreement or that I habitually do a runner from the barber’s. Kate just cuts it for me.
4) I wear Converse everywhere; even to the MAD Blog Awards. I got told I looked like I idolised Dr Who.
5) I hadn’t been tagged in a meme for ages until this one. Since I got it I’ve been tagged in three more. Argh!
6) When I was 18, I went to Tenerife with my friends. I learned some Spanish, only to find that everyone spoke English. Arse.
7) I have never learned to drive and don’t intend to either.
8) I was once a qualified football referee and officiated in kids’ games. I gave up due to abusive, pushy parents on the touchlines.
9) I’ve interviewed a fair few celebrities in my time. My favourites so far have been Alexei Sayle, Josie Lawrence and David Schneider.
10) Grown adults who cycle on pavements annoy the hell out of me.
11) Since I started this epic effort, I’ve been tagged in a further two memes.
12) I may not do another meme for a while…
Now for my answers to 12 questions:
What is your earliest memory?
Going to playgroup when I must have been about three years old. I remember somehow getting a thick lip and never going near the ride-on plastic car I held responsible. I’m now wondering if this is the reason I have refused to learn to drive…
Who would play you in a film of your life?
Probably one of the Chuckle Brothers.
Tell me – in one sentence if you please – your best bit of parenting advice.
Don’t take everything in the baby books as gospel – wing it and keep the books only for reference.
If there’s an aeroplane on a conveyor belt and it tries to take off, do you think that will work?
Yes, but I think the conveyer belt would make a heroic effort and earn plaudits in the next day’s papers.
Whose books do you wish you’d written?
Either Douglas Adams or Mark Gatiss. To be honest, they’re the only people whose books I have actually completed in adult life. It says a lot for them as I’m awful at committing to reading!
What is your favourite language?
Without a doubt, French. It’s both poetic and sarcastic.
What is you star sign?
I don’t believe in all that stuff. I’m a typical Scorpio like that…
Where do you go for a little bit of sanctuary?
My Xbox. Sad, I know, but it’s the only way I’ll ever play for Spurs!
If you could swap places with someone (past or present) for one day, who would it be?
David Cameron. I’d use the day to donate all of my personal money to worthy causes then resign as Prime Minister before publically shitting myself at a prominent event attended by the world’s media.
Do you have a book in you?
I was wondering where that copy of Wuthering Heights had got to, so it’s quite possible I’ve got a book in me. Best place for it anyway.
Do you do enough sport?
I play football once a week and run for the train every day, so I like to think that’s enough.
What don’t you like about the house you live in?
What the previous people who lived in it did with their shoddy attempts at DIY, plumbing and stuff with electricity. We could have been killed by the latter, so I’m still not amused…
Here are the questions for my 12 unfortunate victims:
1) Where is the most memorable place you’ve ever been?
2) If you could change the end of any film, which would it be and how would you change it?
3) What would be your dream job?
4) What is your favourite smell?
5) What is your greatest extravagance?
6) If you could be a condiment, what would you be and why?
7) Where do you stand on the dunking of biscuits?
8) My colleagues Lee and Fran are being cheeky; which one should I slap?
9) What is your favourite scary movie?
10) If you had to read one book from your school days once more, which would it be and why?
11) How much of your life did you spend on this meme?
12) Was it worth it, or do you hate me now?
Absolutely no obligation to take part, but if any of the following lovely people fancy giving this a go, then please do so!
Larger Family Life
It’s a Dad Thing
I need curtains for the windows in my head
A Mummy Too
Mutterings of a fool
40blogSpot – A French Yummy Mummy In London
It’s a Dad’s Life
Whiskey For Aftershave
I’m going for a lie down now…